Does Being Authentic in Interviews Help Job Candidates?
How does authenticity affect job candidates?
Authenticity tips for job candidates
Tips for expressing authenticity as a job candidate
How can employers assess the authenticity of job applicants?
Tips for employers to learn more about job candidates’ authenticity
Creating an authentic workplace
- Seek out transparent, authentic workers and place them in influential positions.
- Base your workplace on mutual respect between employer and employee.
- Tell the truth and respond positively to honesty.
- Seek feedback from employees.
- Be transparent and maintain clear, consistent communication.
- Instill and drive the values of the company.
- Build trust – and don’t break promises.
- Encourage ownership and accountability.
- Support socialisation among employees.
- Entrepreneur: “3 Ways Authentic Leaders Inspire and Retain Employees”
- Forbes: “How to Keep It Real at Work”
- Forbes: “How to Identify Your Workplace Strengths”
- Harvard Business Review: “Most Employees Feel Authentic at Work, but It Can Take a While”
- Gallup: CliftonStrengths assessment
- The Muse: “The Best Way to Talk About Your Strengths and Weaknesses in a Job Interview”
- The Muse: “The Secret to Loving Your Next Job: Play to Your Strengths”