The Website is operated by 2U, Inc. (“2U,” “we” or “us”). 2U is registered in Maryland, USA and has its registered office address at 7900 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706. To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Privacy and Protection of Your Information
By providing your email address, phone number, or other points of contact through the Website, you agree that 2U may communicate with you electronically or over the phone about the Program or other university programs offered through 2U or the University. You agree to receive communications from or on behalf of 2U at any email address, phone number, or other point of contact you provide through the Website. You further agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were provided to you in writing.
Use of Website Materials
The Website contains copyrighted material (including but not limited to text, graphics, videos, images, music, sounds, source code, user generated content, and compilations of individual data), trademarks, trade names, other registered or protected information, and other content such as text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, logos, information obtained from other parties, such as 2U’s licensors, (collectively, “Website Materials”). 2U and/or the University retains all ownership, rights, title and interest to and in the Website Materials.
You may view, access, download or print hard copies of the Website Materials only for your personal, educational, and non-commercial use and where such option is made available to you in the Website. You may not use the Website Materials in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
- Use any Website Materials as the basis for other works that you create;
- Copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reverse engineer, sell, or otherwise exploit any Website Materials (including but not limited to any Website Materials that you download or print), excluding information that is in the public domain or has been licensed to you;
- Try to discover, interfere with or copy any source code used in connection with the Website;
- “Mirror” any Website Materials contained in the Website or any other server;
- Use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website; or
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or get around our security technology through hacking, password mining or any other means.
Trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed or otherwise used on the Website, including, but not limited to “University College London” and “2U” (collectively the “Intellectual Property”), are registered trademarks of 2U and/or the University. The Intellectual Property is protected by law. All rights in the Intellectual Property are reserved to 2U, the University, or their licensors, affiliates, principals, or partners.
Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Intellectual Property displayed on the Website without the written permission of 2U or the third party that may own the Intellectual Property displayed on the Website. Your misuse of the Intellectual Property displayed on the Website is strictly prohibited. 2U will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Any copyright owner or its agent that believes that any Materials or other content on the Website infringes upon its copyright(s) should give written notice to 2U’s authorized agent, listed below, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The notice to 2U shall contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that has allegedly been infringed upon;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is reasonably sufficient to permit 2U to locate the material;
- The contact information of the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner has a good faith reasonable belief that the particular use of the identified material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the individual submitting the notice is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Any copyright owner or its agent may provide written submissions of alleged infringements of alleged infringements to 2U’s designated Copyright Agent, firstname.lastname@example.org, 7900 Harkins Drive, Lanham, MD 20706. A notice may not be valid if it fails to comply with all of the above-listed requirements.
User Code of Conduct
You agree that you will not:
- Use the Website in any unlawful or inappropriate manner, as determined by 2U or the Program in their sole discretion, or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website;
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, your qualifications, and/or your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- Publish, upload, display, or transmit or otherwise make publicly available on the Website any private information of any third party, including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers, and credit card numbers.
Accuracy of Information
2U believes but does not guarantee that all of the information that appears on the Website or in any e-mail or other alerts or communications provided in connection with the Website or Program is accurate. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we recommend that you independently verify all information prior to making any educational or educational financing decisions.
The Website may contain links to other websites (“Third Party Links”) that we provide solely as a convenience to you during your use of the Website. 2U does not endorse such websites and is not responsible for any content contained therein. If you decide to access any Third Party Links, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimers and Warranties
We provide the Website “as is” and “as available,” and the University and 2U, our subsidiaries, agents, affiliates and/or licensors do not represent or warrant to you that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free from error.
We may, in our sole discretion and at any time, modify or suspend the Website or any Website Materials, in full or in part, without notice to you for technical or operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes to or suspension of the Website and will try to make the Website (or relevant Website Materials) available again as soon as reasonably possible.
Limitation of Liability
The Website is only available for your own personal, educational, and non-commercial use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purpose. We have no liability to you for any loss of commercial business profit, loss of business, loss of goodwill, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable to you for any lost earnings or any impact on your future earning potential.
If defective digital content that we have supplied through the Website, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to repair or compensation under consumer protection law. We will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We will not be liable for the acts or omissions of the University, which will be dealt with under the Student Contract.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Last Updated on March 27, 2019